JpegGuard Help Contents
There are 7 basic screens (forms) to this system:
- Image - displays regular or encrypted JPEG files.
- Image Properties - displays the width, height, size and filename.
- Image Options - allows you to alter the image attributes.
- Password - allows you to encrypt and decrypt files using a password.
- Search Files - allows you to search for JPEG or XXX or both filetypes.
- List JPEG - displays a list of all of the JPEG files found from your last file search.
- List XXX - displays a list of all of the encrypted JPEG files found from your last file search.
This is the JPEG image displayed on your monitor. It can be either an encrypted JPEG or unencrypted JPEG. The system automatically decrypts all .XXX file extension JPEG files and then displays them.
These are the properties of the image and the file. This includes the file name, image width, image height and the file size.
These are the options for the image and can be used to alter the appearance of the image. This includes the image scale, the pixel format, color space and performance.
Password- This is the password that is used to encrypt and decrypt the JPEG images.
Search Files- This is used to find JPEG files (.JPG or .JPEG) , encrypted JPEG files (.XXX) or both (.JPG, .JPEG and .XXX). This will start the search from the selected folder and can, optionally, search all subfolders. All files found are then split into their corresponding JPEG or XXX List.
List JPEG- This is used to store the list of all the JPEG images found starting at the directory specified.
List XXX- This is used to store the list of all the encrypted JPEG images found starting at the directory specified.
These are some samples of the screens. Click to enlarge.
There are several different ways to use this system:
- No Password - no password is entered. The system will apply its own password. This means that anyone who runs this program can view the JPEG images but they will not be able to view the images using a standard browser.
- Password - a password is entered. This means that you will only be able to view the JPEG images after you enter the correct password.
- Several Passwords - different passwords are applied to encrypt different JPEG images. You will have keep track of the passwords that were used to encrypt the images. This is a useful feature if different people are using the same computer. Each person can have their own folder and their own password.
There are 2 basic security features to this system:
- Encryption - the JPEG images are encrypted using your own password. This is a very secure encryption system and is virtually an unbreakable encryption code. If anyone tries to decrypt the images without the password they will be unsuccessful.
- XXX File Extension - the JPEG images are all set to a file extension of .XXX. This basically hides all of your JPEG images from file searches from the unknowning (your children, your boss, the police, your wife, a hacker, etc.).
When you first start the JpegGuard program it will display the Password Form. You must enter a password that will be used to encrypt and decrypt all of the JPEG images on your computer.
- Search for all of your JPEG files. Select Search Files from the menu.
Encrypt your JPEG files. Select Options/Encrypt All from the menu.
- After all of your files are encrypted then select files to view. Select View/List XXX from the menu.
- Use your up and down arrow keys and hit enter or double click on any listed file. This will then take you to the image form.
- Hit enter to return to your List XXX files.
- When you close the application, all of the files in the List JPEG and List XXX forms will be saved to disk. They will be loaded the next time that you start the JpegGuard application.
- If you make changes to the location and/or names of these files then you should re-generate the List XXX and List JPG by doing another Search Files from your root drive.
- After you have encrypted your files you should go through your list of JPEG files (List JPG) to ensure that these unencrypted files are OK to view by anybody. If they are not then encrypt them.
These are all of the File options to open, save, search and print your images.
This opens a dialog for selecting image files to display.
This saves the current image only. This uses the images properties that you defined.
This prints the current image that is being displayed.
This allows you to select the printer for the print command.
This allows you to display the properties of the current image.
This closes the JpegGuard program. You must re-enter your password every time you start JpegGuard.
These are all of the View options to display 3 basic forms - image, JPEG and XXX files.
This displays the Search Files form. This is where you should start to find all of your JPEG files to encrypt.
These are all of the View options to display 3 basic forms - image, JPEG and XXX files.
This displays the current image that has been loaded.
This displays the list of unencrypted JPEG files that were loaded during the Search Files.
This displays the list of encrypted JPEG files that were loaded during the Search Files.
These are all of the internet options available to the JpegGuard program.
This will open your default browser to Google for searching.
This will send an e-mail to anyone that you specifiy.
These are all of the options available to the JpegGuard program.
This allows you to encrypt the current image using the current password.
This allows you to decrypt the current image using the current password.
This allows you to encrypt all of the current images in List JPG using the current password.
This allows you to decrypt all of the current images in List XXX using the current password.
This allows you to select a different font size and style. Select your font and then press Apply. These fonts will remain in effect until you change them back.
This form allows you to change the image options.
This form allows you to change the current password.
These are all of the help options available to the JpegGuard program. This contains access to the Help Contents, Help Index, Help On Help and About.
This is the page of the index for the help contents. Clicking on any item will send you to the specified position within the contents page .
This is the page of all of the help contents. The page you are currently reading here is the contents page.
Help/Help on Help
This is the page containing information on how to use the help system.
This will open your default browser to Zapper Software so that you can view any additional help or updates regarding ShareGuard.
This will send an e-mail directly to Zapper Software for personal help.
This is the page containing information about the JpegGuard program.
This is the main form and contains the image, the list of files and the menu.
Form Image - Image
This form contains the image. Hit enter to return to list of files that you were viewing. Double clicking will invoke the open file dialog.
List Box JPEG
This contains a list of all the JPEG images. Select an image to view and then hit enter or double click on an item to view the image. Right clicking your mouse will invoke the appropriate commands that are available.
List Box XXX
This contains a list of all the encrypted JPEG images. Select an image to view and then hit enter or double click on an item to view the image. Right clicking your mouse will invoke the appropriate commands that are available.
Button Search Files
Hit this button to perform a file search to find JPEG files and/or XXX (encrypted JPEG) files.
Hit this button to clear the list of files in the JPEG list or the XXX list. It will only clear the current page. To clear both JPEG and XXX then you must hit Clear and then view the other page and then hit Clear.
This form contains the fields to edit and accept your password.
Form Password Password
This field is for entering your password. It must be from 6 to 24 characters in length. Only 0-9, a-z, A-Z are acceptable.
Form Password Password Confirm
This field is for confirming what you entered for your password. This is to ensure that you have and remember the correct password before you start encrypting files.
Form Password Button OK
This button will accept and apply the password that you selected and then close the Password form. This password will be applied to any files that you encrypt or decrypt. This can be changed at any time be invoking the password form from the menu.
Form Password Button Cancel
This button will cancel any password that you selected and then close the Password form. A standard password will be applied when encrypting and decrypting any files. Note: Any person who uses this program will be able to decrypt your images if you use this standard password.
Form File Options
This form contains the options to apply to all of the images when being displayed and/or saved.
Form File Options Scale
Select the scale of the images. 1:1 is recommended and is full size.
Form File Options Pixel Format
Select either 24 bit or 8 bit. This is the amount of colors applied when RGB is selected. 24 bit is recommended.
Form File Options Color Space
Select either RGB or Grayscale. Select RGB if you want your images to display in color. Select Grayscale if you want your images to display in black and white.
Form File Options Performance
Select either Quality or Performance.
If you want your images to load extremely fast but do not require the best quality then select Performance.
If you want your images to load slower but display the best quality then select Quality. Quality is recommended.
Form File Options Incremental Display
Checking this box will apply incremental display to the images.
Form File Options Progressive Display
Checking this box will apply progressive display to the images.
Form File Options Progressive Encoding
Checking this box will apply progressive encoding to the images.
Form File Options Stretch To Fit
Checking this box will make the image stretch to fit the screen.
Form File Options Button OK
This button will accept and apply any options that you selected and then close the File Search form.
Form File Options Button Cancel
This button will cancel any options that you selected and then close the File Search form.
Form File Property
This form contains the attributes of each individual file.
Form File Property FileName
This field contains the directory and file name of the current file image.
Form File Property Width
This field contains the width of the current file image.
Form File Property Height
This field contains the height of the current file image.
Form File Property Size
This field contains the size of the current file image.
Form File Property Button OK
Form Search Files
Form Search Files Drive Combo Box
Allows you to select the starting drive for your file search.
Form Search Files Directory List Box
Allows you to select the starting folder for your file search.
Form Search Files Check Box Include Subdirectory
Checking this will include all subdirectories when you perform a file search. If you do not check this box then only the current directory is searched for files.
Form Search Files Memo
This contains all of the results of your file search. This will be JPEG and/or XXX file extensions depending upon your search criteria.
Form Search Files Radio Group File Ext
This defines the type of files that you wish to search for:
- JPEG only - searches for any file with a .JPG or .JPEG file extension
- XXX only - searches for any file with a .XXX file extension
- JPEG only - searches for any file with a .JPG or .JPEG or .XXX file extension
Form Search Files Start Button
Pressing this button will start your file search.
Form Search Files Pause Button
Pressing this button will pause your file search. Pressing it again will resume the file search.
Form Search Files Stop Button
Pressing this button will stop your file search.
All of the files in this results form will be split into JPEG and XXX on your main form.
Form Search Files Button Close
This button will close the File Search form.
In order reformat your hard drive or to migrate this software to another computer you must:
(a) Press the JpegGuard Key button from the menu. Insert a floppy disk drive and select YES to both messages boxes. This will copy the key to the floppy drive. You can copy to a network drive or writable CD-Rom.
(b) Install this software on your new computer or new hard drive. You can always get the latest version from ZapperSoftware.com.
(c) Run the software key from the floppy drive.
(d) You will never be able to run this software again on the old machine so please ensure that you wish to migrate versus purchasing another copy of the software.
Return To Index
End of JpegGuard Help Contents