TGPSoft Help Contents
There is only 1 screen for this system:
- TGPSoft Thumbnail Gallery Builder
TGPSoft Thumbnail Gallery Builder
This is the form that builds your thumbnail galleries and your HTML code. Just select your image directory and the thumbnail directory and press create - all of your JPEG images will be thumbnailed and the correct HTML code will be generated. Just cut and paste the HTML code into your generic web page. Upload your files and you are ready to submit.
These is a sample of the screens. Click to enlarge.
After you have performed one set of thumbnails then the process will become very simple and easy as you only have to perform a couple of steps if you want all of the same settings.
- Start up the TGPSoft by right clicking on the icon in the system tray or from the start menu or from the desktop.
- Enter the URL of your website into the Website URL field. e.g. http://www.yourwebsite.com/
- Enter the image directory name for your gallery on your website into the Image Directory field. e.g. tgp20040425/ NOTE: This is where all of the full sized images will be uploaded e.g. http://www.yourwebsite.com/tgp20040425/image1.jpg
- Enter the thumbnail directory name for your gallery on your website into the Thumbnail Directory field. e.g. tgp20040425/thumbs/ NOTE: This is where all of the thumbnail images will be uploaded e.g. http://www.yourwebsite.com/tgp20040425/thumbs/image1.jpg
- Select the maximum width for the thumbnails (e.g. 200).
- Select the maximum height for the thumbnails (e.g. 200).
- Select the quality for the thumbnails (e.g. 90).
- Select the number of thumbs per row (usually 3 to 5).
- Check Generate HTML so that the HTML code will be generated.
- Check Generate Sample so that the HTML code for previewing will be generated.
- Check Generate Thumbnails so that the thumbnails will be created.
- Select the image directory where the JPEG files are contained. When you select a directory, the files will appear in the Images list box. e.g. c:\Program Files\TGPSoft\images\ Please ensure that you copy your JPEG files to this directory.
- Select the thumbnail directory where the thumbnail JPEG files are to be created. When you select a directory, the files will appear in the Thumbnails list box. e.g. c:\Program Files\TGPSoft\images\thumbs\ This will overwrite the files so be careful.
- Press the CREATE button on the right within the Multiple Images group.
- Press the VIEW button on the right within the Multiple Images group. This will display your thumbnails with direct links to the original images.
- Repeat the process (changing the image width or height or number of thumbs per row) until you are satisfied with the thumbnail gallery.
- Upload your thumbnails from the thumbnail directory to the website thumbnail directory that you specified.
- Upload your JPEG images from the image directory to the website image directory that you specified.
- Edit the file called "generated.html" in the thumbs folder e.g. c:\Program Files\TGPSoft\images\thumbs\generated.html Cut and paste this code into your generic gallery page.
- Generate your different gallery pages based upon the generic HTML page that you created and then upload to your web server.
These are all of the File options.
This opens a dialog for selecting an image file for a single thumbnail.
This closes the form. It does not terminate the program. Right-click and select Exit.
This allows you some options to access the internet.
This will open your default browser to Google for searching.
This will send an e-mail to anyone that you specifiy.
This allows you some options to change the font and directory path.
This will open a Font Dialog box and allow you to change the font settings.
This allows you to select a different skin to change the look and feel of the application. Select from one of the included skins or load from skins directory. You can also create your own skins. See the http://www.zappersoftware.com for details. The skin will remain in effect until you change it back.
These are all of the help options available to the program. This contains access to the Help Contents, Help Index, Help On Help and About.
This is the page of all of the help contents. The page you are currently reading here is the contents page.
This is the page of the index for the help contents. Clicking on any item will send you to the specified position within the contents page .
Help/Help on Help
This is the page containing information on how to use the help system.
This will open your default browser to Zapper Software so that you can view any additional help or updates regarding TGPSoft.
This will send an e-mail directly to Zapper Software for personal help.
This is the page containing version information about the TGPSoft program.
This is the main form and contains the image, the list of files and the menu.
This is the URL of the web site where the gallery will be placed.
Website Image Directory
This is the image directory of the web site where the gallery will be placed. All of the JPEG images must be placed in this directory.
Website Thumbnail Directory
This is the thumbnail directory of the web site where the thumbnails will be placed. All of the generated thumbnail JPEG images must be placed in this directory.
This spin edit control allows you to adjust the width for the thumbnail. The higher the width, the bigger the filesize.
This spin edit control allows you to adjust the height for the thumbnail. The higher the height, the bigger the filesize.
This spin edit control allows you to adjust the quality. The higher the quality, the bigger the filesize.
Check this box to generate the HTML coding for the website specified. This is just a table but contains the correct coding for you to cut and paste this into your generic HTML template.
Check this box to generate sample HTML file coding. You can use this to view your thumnails. This is not the web site HTML code.
Check this box to generate the thumbnails when the Create button is pushed.
Load Single Image
This will load a single file.
Create Single Thumbnail
This will create a thumbnail for the selected single file.
This will create thumbnails for all of the images in the selected directory.
View Sample Images and Thumbnails
This will allow you to view the samples that were created provided you checked the Create Samples checkbox.
This button will close the TGPSoft application. All settings are saved.
|Return to Index
End of TGPSoft Help Contents