zMailGuard Help Contents
There are 4 basic components to this system:
The details for these are as follows:
- Message Area - memo field for encrypting and decrypting messages
- Public Key Generator
- Message Area
- This is the memo field where you can create and edit your messages. Anything in this area can be encrypted or decrypted.
- Public Key
- This is the software that will generate a public key based upon your settings of three 4 digit numbers. This allows you to receive encrypted documents from other zMailGuard users who know your public key. You can publish your public key and it cannot by anyone to intercept and read your encrypted messages. Even the message originator, who encryped the message. cannot read the encrypted message.
- This is the software that encrypts your documents so that they can only be read by the specifed zMail Reader. This program allows you to create a document and then encrypt the document.
- This is the software that decrypts your documents so that they can be read using your private key. This allows you to decrypt documents created by others.
These are some samples of the screens. Click to enlarge.
There are 3 basic security features to this system:
- Public Key - the zMailGuard public key can be displayed on your web site or in your regular e-mail communications. Anybody using zMailGuard can then encrypt a message using your public key to allow only you to be able to view the content.
- Private Key - the zMailGuard private key is only known by you. Anybody using zMailGuard cannote decrypt messages using your public key.
- Algorithm - the zMailGuard algorithm to encrypt and decrypt is only known by author of the software. It is never divulged to anyone. This is where the other PGP programs fail in their security. The government knows the algorithms and hence can decrypt their messages.
- Start typing the text message into the memo field. You can also drag and drop a text file or use File / Open file from the menu.
- Select Crypt / Encrypt from the menu.
- Select the public key of the intended recipient.
- Click the Encrypt button.
- Select File / Send Mail from the menu or select the e-mail icon from the task bar.
- Load the text message into the memo field. You can also drag and drop a text file or use File / Open file from the menu.
- Select Crypt / Decrypt from the menu.
- Enter your decryption paramters - the 3 sets of numbers that you used to create your public key. These numbers should be displayed automatically from when you created your public key.
- Click the Decrypt button.
- Enter a valid number from 0001 to 9999 in each of the three Encryption fields.
- Press the Publish button. This will automatically encrypt and copy all of the required programs and data into the output directory.
- Press the Read button. This will display the zMail Reader using all of the parameters that you have generated. This is for testing purposes.
- Once you are happy with the zMail then create a setup program using all of the files that are in the output directory.
- Save the current parameters in an zMail Project file.
This is main form for creating, encrypting and decrypting an e-mail message.
Public Key Form
This is the form for creating a public key.
Encryption Key 1
This is the first of three keys to use to encrypt your document. You should select your own set of keys to ensure that no other zMail Reader can decrypt your document. You must select a valid number from 0001 to 9999.
NOTE: This is a required field.
Encryption Key 2
This is the second of three keys to use to encrypt your document. You should select your own set of keys to ensure that no other zMail Reader can decrypt your document. You must select a valid number from 0001 to 9999.
NOTE: This is a required field.
Encryption Key 3
This is the third of three keys to use to encrypt your document. You should select your own set of keys to ensure that no other zMail Reader can decrypt your document. You must select a valid number from 0001 to 9999.
NOTE: This is a required field.
These are all of the File options to clear, open, save and print your work.
This clears all text in the memo field. The memo field is the main message that you are encrypting or decrypting.
This opens a file and loads into the memo field.
This saves a file for the current memo field.
This saves a file for the current memo field. It prompts you for a new filename.
This prints the current memo field contents for all of the pages.
This allows you to select the printer for the print command.
This allows you to send the current memo field through the mail.
This closes the program. It will prompt you to save your memo field before closing.
These are all of the Edit options to undo, cut, copy, paste, delete and select all for work in your project files.
This undoes the last edit command.
This selects all of the text specified. This is used prior to a cut, copy or delete command.
This cuts the selected text and places into the clipboard.
This copies the selected text and places into the clipboard.
This pastes the clipboard text to the cursor specified location.
Edit/Delete - MISSING - must add
This deletes the selected text.
These are all of the encryption commands available.
This will encrypt the text in the memo field. You must select the public key to be used to encrypt the text.
This will decrypt the text in the memo field. You must select the public key numbers to be used to decrypt the text.
This will reset the text in the memo field back to the contents prior to the encryption or decryption.
Crypt/Generate Public Key
This will create a public key which can then be published.
These are all of the options available to the program. This contains fonts and settings.
This allows you to select a different font size and style. Select your font and then press Apply. These fonts will remain in effect until you change them back.
This page allows you to change the following settings: Project Directory and the output directory for the published book.
This is the path for your e-mail messages.
This is the path for your application software.
This allows you to select a different skin to change the look and feel of the application. Select from one of the included skins or load from skins directory. You can also create your own skins. See the http://www.zappersoftware.com for details. The skin will remain in effect until you change it back.
This allows you some options to access the internet.
This will open your default browser to Google for searching.
This will send an e-mail to anyone that you specifiy.
These are all of the help options available to the program. This contains access to the Help Contents, Help Index, Help On Help and About.
This is the page of all of the help contents. The page you are currently reading here is the contents page.
This is the page of the index for the help contents. Clicking on any item will send you to the specified position within the contents page .
Help/Help on Help
This is the page containing information on how to use the help system.
This will open your default browser to Zapper Software so that you can view any additional help or updates regarding zMailGuard.
This will send an e-mail directly to Zapper Software for personal help.
This is the page containing information about the zMailGuard program.
Form Options Directory
This is the directory path for your zMailGuard project files.
This is the directory path for your zMailGuard output files. These are all of the files that are required to run the zMailGuard Reader. You will create a setup program containing all of these files. See Help Section at Zapper Software for more information on creating Setup files. If you cannot do the Setup program by yourself then contact me through the Zapper Sofware web site.
This is form for displaying your Ad Screen image.
This is verifying the image for the Ad Screen.
|Return to Index
End of zMailGuard Help Contents