Software Replacement Plan
Windows to Linux Software Replacement Plan.
- Catalog all existing software packages.
- Find equivalent software available in Linux.
- Review the software first to ensure it will work with your company.
- Determine ownership of all software. Who is the end user of the software? They are responsible for the replacement software.
- If an equivalent cannot be found for some software then can it be rewritten to work under Linux? Can the Windows simulator under Linux run the software properly?
- All outstanding issues must be identiified to avoid surprises. e.g. software that is only used sporadically must be included to ensure that all processes can be performed under the new environment.